The Wiley Young Researcher Award is made for Quality and Impact of research, and not for quantity. Applications will be judged holistically as a body of research for quality and its resulting impact. Consideration is not limited by class of materials or area of materials research.
Participation in the awards selection is open to all Early Career Researchers in Materials Science residing in Asia-Pacific.
These eligibility conditions apply:
- Applicant must be an Early Career Researcher below the age of 35 as of 31 December 2018.
- Applicant must be a resident in the Asia-Pacific region: Japan, India, Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the regions of (i) Australia/New Zealand, and (ii) South East Asia (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam) at the time of award application.
- The body of research submitted for consideration must have been completed within the last 5 years.
- Research papers submitted
- Applicant may submit up to a maximum of 5 key papers that is relevant to the body of research that will be judged on quality and impact.
- At least one of these 5 papers must have been accepted for publication by Wiley. The Wiley-published paper must be a key paper and integral to the research.
- Please provide a summary of not more than 800 words (in .pdf format) describing the impact of your research with reference to the papers submitted in your application. Your summary must reference the papers that you have chosen to submit and detail the relevance of the paper(s) to the impact of your research.
- Applications must include the full paper(s) as .pdf attachment(s).
- Self-nomination and collaborative research is permitted. However, the applicant must be a lead researcher/key contributor towards the body of research.